Wednesday, March 5, 2008

School!!!

I am telling you that I am a firm believer that there are teachers out there teaching our children that have absolutely no business in their job. My granddaughter absolutely hates school and she is only 9 years old. Particularly she hates to read. Well, this year is her first year of taking the stupid FCAT tests that the Florida schools require. If she does not pass the reading portion she will not pass third grade. It doesn't matter that she will not have had any F's on her report card or any D's for that matter. Well, her mother and I went about 3 weeks ago to talk to the school about this problem with her reading and the Principal jumped right on the issue and got her set up with some extra help with her reading and also sent her to the library and had the librarian work with her to see what books would really interest her so that she would hopefully enjoy reading. Well now I find out today that she hasn't been going to reading and she was afraid to tell us. But her teacher told her that she could go after this stupid FCAT test which by the way is next week. I am telling you she has just defeated the entire purpose. So I called the school and the assistant Principal is supposed to work on this issue tomorrow. But I think it just might be too late to actually help her at all. I hate the Florida school system. It is the PITS!!!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7