Monday, January 3, 2011

Single File Please

My husband and I were are I guess still are Missionaries to Haiti. We have worked there for many years now. We have done a lot of work there holding Medical Clinics for the poor Haitian People. I guess the biggest problem we have run into is crowd control. I can't say that I blame the people, some of them have never seen a medical person let alone a doctor in their lives. So to have a doctor, nurse or even someone with an aspirin, bandage or anything that would relieve their suffering for a moment is swarmed.

My husband being a big sized man was always placed to help control the situation. Bless his heart he could have really used some assistance with this job. I used to kid him him and tell him he needed a long velvet rope so that he could try to keep the people in a line. When you tell the people to form a line it must lose something in the translation because all they do is form a eager mob and just about run over you. He could have used something like stanchions but to be honest with you I actually think you could not even hold back sick hurting people with concrete barricades.

Don't get me wrong I do not blame them at all. If I or my family was sick and hurting I would do what ever it took to try to make them stop hurting or get them well. Many of these poor people walk for hours when they hear news of a clinic and then stand in the hot sun for several more hours to try to get the help they need. They only thing that is difficult again is getting them to form a single file line. When you say line up they all get up and crowd in together into a large mass of hurting people.




No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7