Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just shoot me now

Well last night after supper Joy said hey we are going to make a quick run to Staples to get the kids school supplies. You want to go with???

Well being the age I am I should have picked up the key phrases. "quick run" Staples" "school supplies" Because hours later we returned to the house with a trunk full of bags and they still don't have everything that they were supposed to get.

I have never in my life seen so many people in staples and they all had that "deer in the headlight look" I actually think the ones that I feel the sorriest for is the men. Cause we all know men do not know how to shop on a good day let alone on the "back to school" days. Well after running the cart over several slow mothers to get to what we needed before it was all gone. (hey it's a dog eat dog world out there) We get to the check out lane. Joy purchased 3 bottles of Elmers Glue cause of the fact that she has 3 children (hence 1 bottle per child) and they were only .25 cents per bottle. Well the cashier looks at her and says you only have 3 of these? Duh do you see more? So Joy politely says yes. And said cashier says they are buy one get one free. Well you think they could have said that on the sign but nooooooooooo!. So Joy looks at me and says "Mom can you run back and get one more bottle?" Sure send the oldest person with the troupe back in to the mouth of the lion just for a .25 cent bottle of glue. So back I went and sure enough I managed to find one more bottle of the precious glue.

Then when we walk out of the store Joy says well we didn't get everything we needed so we will just hop across the parking lot to Target. So off we go with the granddaughter and one of the twin boys. "One boy was smart enough to say he wanted to stay home" So the only thing that could make it worse is that if possible there were more people in the aisles and I think the aisles were not as wide as in Staples. Cause I got stuck in one aisle for 3 hours. (OK maybe not 3 hours but sure seemed like it)

We finally make it back home way after my favorite programs had been on for the night only to discover they were still missing a few items. I think if they mention going out for the rest of the itms I will just start drooling or some other thing that they will not want to take me out into public so that I can just stay home.

I won't even go into all of the trauma that we went through in the lingerie department explaining that part of growing up for a girl means wearing a bra every stupid day of her life. Yep the granddaughter has reached that age and let me tell you to put it mildly she is ticked off at the reality of it.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7