Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Family times remembered

My Mother-in-law played the piano and organ at our church for years before they retired and moved from Indiana to Florida. So needless to say she was always on the lookout for new sheet music. Let me tell you if you knew my mother-in-law she was most happy when she was able somehow to find some Free Sheet Music that was when she was at her best form.

I do have to say even though I am able to read music myself I was amazed at her ability of sight reading. You could hand her a sheet of music and she could sit down and play it just as if she had been playing it all of her life. I loved to here her play different Piano Cords especially when she would play minor cords. They would sound so strange yet beautiful.

That was always part of our family get to gathers such as Christmas and other special days. My Mother-in-law would get on her very expensive organ that my father-in-law purchased for her and she would play a lot of the old songs that we all remembered and we would sing the old songs together. We had a lot of fun doing that. I have to be honest that is one of the things that I really miss about her since she passed away.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7