Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Read Music

One of our grandsons took violin last year in school. They had some different techniques to teach them how to play the violin that when I was in school. But I was very pleased with the outcome by the end of the year. I think that they are teaching them some sight reading tips which is something I believe is very necessary for a musician.

I would love to see one of my grandchildren go on to learn to play the piano. As a child I took lessons but I think my piano teacher was about 150 years old and to be honest I didn't learn much from her. So for me to learn piano I would have to start all over at a beginner level which is something I am actually considering doing.

If I do follow my dream and learn to play the piano and practice, practice, practice who knows maybe in a while I will actually achieve reach the advanced level. It is something for me to think about. I believe that you are never to old to learn something new. I really think trying to learn new things actually keeps you younger.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7