Monday, July 14, 2008

My kingdom for a crown

The other evening I was talking to my granddaughter on the phone and when I got ready to hand up. She said "can I talk to Poppy"? I said sure and passed the phone over to Randy. Well I could tell from his end of the conversation that she was having problems with her twin brothers not treating her nice. We have told the boys that they need to treat their sister and mother like queens. Well she was t" were not doing that. So he said what is the problem and she proceeded to tell him all of the bad way that they were treating her especially and then an occasional oh yeah and they aren't being nice to Mom either. So he told her that before he hung up he would indeed have yet another talk with "the brothers" but before hanging up with her he had a question for her. She said ok what? He asked her if she was treating "the brothers" like kings. She paused for a second or two and said you mean both of them? Randy said yeah both of them and she repeated I got to treat both of them like kinds. But, they only have one of me to treat like a queen. He said yeah that was the bummer to having twin brothers and only having one of you. But she needed to realize that while she was treating each brother like a king each brother should be treating her like a queen so that was two queens for her and only one king per brother. I think she began to understand the odds and decided that being a double queen was better than bring a single king. So she got off the phone and said she would try it out to see if it works. We haven't had any reports lately but if they fail in their honoring of the queen I am sure we will be notified ASAP.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7