Thursday, May 8, 2008

Customer Service

Ok, I am not a happy camper anymore. I had a problem with my brand new laptop. I decided to check out the DVD player in my laptop. I thought I would just kick back and watch one of my movies. This is the way I am going to probably watch movies when we get moved because we will only have 1 TV set and I don't always like what my husband is watching.

Well, I popped in a movie and got it started and was ready to kick back. But.... what... a problem I could not hear anything. So, I turned the volume up to full blast and I still could not hear anything I mean you could hear like a whisper but not enough to understand what anyone was saying. This is not going to work. So I checked another DVD. Still the same problem. So I played some music and that I could hear so I knew my speakers were working just fine. So now it was time to contact the dreaded customer service for HP. I have been down this road before with my other laptop and let me tell you it is not a fun thing to do. Well after 4 live chats , 2 phone calls and a long string of e-mails going back and forth between HP and myself. I finally have a new DVD drive and I have it installed and I have been a good girl and returned the defective DVD (cause if I didn't they would bill me on my credit card). But I just wonder what happened to good customer service that I grew up with. Well, one thing that I think has happened to that customer support is that all of the companies we do business with have outsourced their customer service to foreign companies. The one guy I spoke to on the telephone had such a foreign accent that I could hardly understand a word he was saying. I had to make him repeat things over and over. So I have enclosed some pictures of where these companies have outsourced the customer service to. And we wonder why there is no service in customer service anymore.



















1 comment:

CastoCreations said...

That may be one reason but I doubt it's the only, or even most significant one.

I think one of the biggest is the lack of respect being taught to children (who grow into adults). It's all about "me" and who cares about "you". (in the broad terms, not literally)

Most of the customer service calls I make, I end up talking to someone in the states (amazingly) and encounter the same problem. There have been times that I couldn't understand the person because of their accent...not a different language. Just their accent is so thick. Or their English is very improper and hard to understand.

Plus the people doing these jobs are usually very low paid and low man on the totem pole. They have little job satisfaction or loyalty to their company so why bother trying too hard.

I have encountered excellent service with some companies (Best Buy being one, Comcast another) and do take note of these types of stories. And it makes me hesitate to buy certain brands for sure. :)

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7