Saturday, March 22, 2008

Just like Christmas

I know this might seem strange to be posting about Christmas in March. OK so it is actually Easter time and not Christmas time. But Monday is going to be just like Christmas for me. You see it was over a year ago that we put everything we owned (except for necessities like underwear) into storage so that we could make our move to Haiti to be Missionaries for the rest of our lives. Well to cut to the chase we are back home and I won't bore you with all of the dirty details of the reasons why. But back to Christmas at Easter. On Monday we are going to go to the storage unit and with the help of a U-Haul truck we are going to get our possessions out and bring them to the house here. Then I get the fun task of going through every single box to see if there is now after a year anything that I have decided that I can live without. If there is then we are going to have a yard sale and try to raise some money and also lighten the load in the process. Now mind you when I talk about having a yard sale everyone in our family gets that deer in the headlights look. We all know what my husband is like when we have a yard sale. I remember one time we had a yard sale right after Christmas. (The real Christmas) and Randy actually sold our Christmas tree with all of the lights and ornaments on it. I couldn't believe it. I walked into the living room and there was some woman removing my Christmas tree. Oh well he said he got a good price for it. We have always had the motto that during a yard sale we never sit down. Because he would sell us if the price was good. I know the saying that if you haven't used something for a year that you don't actually need it. But, don't go getting any crazy ideas, I don't intend on selling every last thing I own. I just know that when I start going through all of those boxes I will find things that I did forget I ever owned and will have no idea how I possibly lived without them for an entire year. So think good thoughts for me that I will not have to part with all of those refound treasures. Trust me I have a stronger grip than my husband does. But I also on the other hand know that we are downsizing in living and I will need to part with a few things. I think he has some things in storage that I can do without. Joking, I'm just joking I will part with some things I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well all I have to say is, Hold on to your drawhs....cuz you know how Daddy is. If it's not glued down, the man will sell it...including the underwear right off of your posterior!

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7