Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Don't fit the mold

Well tomorrow we are going to have lunch at the restaurant that my daughter works for. It is the grand opening for a new restaurant and this is the week that they do free meals for friends and family. If you know anything about me you know one thing I am a picky eater. I use the term Picky very loosely because I eat no vegetables at all. Well I do eat potatoes which are technically in the veggie category but other than that nothing else. So back to the restaurant we thought we were going to be able to pick any item from the menu. Now I am learning that we will be given three choices to choose from and that I won't like any of them. So I ask you why am I going? To tell you the truth I have no earthly idea. I have said I don't want to go and look like an idiot. I realize that my eating habits are my choice and nobody makes me eat the way I do. I have never eaten veggies in my whole life. As a kid I lived on PB&J sandwiches, my parents would try to make me eat veggies and I would sit and stare at my plate for several hours until they would come and throw them out. But I just don't feel like going to a restaurant tomorrow and sitting there while everyone around me is eating and I am sitting there looking like an idiot. So what to do? I have no earthly idea. Guess that idiot sitting there tomorrow will be me. This is my view on my life today. Sometimes life just sucks big time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do what we do for my oldest son... We go by some where that he loves to eat and get him some food, then we carry it into the restaurant that we're eating at. He's very picky and normally doesn't eat anything from the places we want to eat at.

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7