Friday, October 12, 2007

Setting up shop

I have done a lot of thinking lately about starting my own business. What I would like to do is bookkeeping from home. I am a full charge bookkeeper and have worked for a couple of CPA's doing the bookkeeping work for multiple clients. I have come to the conclusion that I could cut out the middle man and go directly to the clients and then to one up that I could work from the comfort of my own home. That way I could get up in the morning and make my large and I do mean large glass of Diet Pepsi and sit in my PJ's and just work away. Just think I would never have to get dressed. Well maybe once in a while if I needed food or something outside the home.

I know that it is not just as easy as saying well I am in business. There are procedures that you must do to become a corporation. For instance, laws are different in every state. A nevada corporation will differ from that of a Florida corporation. I have found a company that offers free forms for getting your tax id number or they will obtain it for you for $25. They also have a great FAQ section where pretty much any of your questions can be answered.

If I do indeed go the route of ever setting up a corporation and going into business, I will definitely seek out assistance in this. It's best to make sure that all of one's ducks are in perfect order!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7