Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Favorite Cake

I am going to give you the recipe for my all time favorite cake. My husband and I were traveling and we spent a couple of days with the parents of a friend and her mother made this cake and I actually though I had died and gone to heaven. I begged her for the recipe and she gave it to me. Not only is it a delicious cake but it is so easy to make you actually mix it up in the 9" x 13" pan you are going to back it in. So try it and I guarantee you will love it too. Oh, I have also encluded the special icing she used. It is like putting fudge on top of the cake.


WACKEY CAKE

1 1/2 C FLOUR
1 C WATER
3 TBS COCOA
1 TBS VANILLA
1 TSP BAKING SODA
1 TBS OIL
1 C SUGAR
1/2 TSP SALT
1 TBS VINEGAR

"DIRECTIONS"

COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS INTO THE 9"x 13" PAN YOU ARE GOING TO BAKE IN AND
MIX WITH A FORK UNTIL SMOOTH. BAKE AT 350. DO NOT OVER BAKE AS THIS CAKE IS TO BE VERY MOIST.

"BOILED FUDGE ICING"

1 C SUGAR
1/4 C MILK
1/2 STICK BUTTER
4 TBS COCOA

COMBINE THESE INGREDIENTS, BRING TO A BOIL OVER MEDIUM HEAT
AND LET BOIL FOR 1 MINUTE. BEAT ICING UNTIL THICKENED & POUR OVER THE CAKE WHILE BOTH ARE STILL HOT; ICE AND SERVE FROM THE PAN


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7