Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bad Treatment at Walgreens

Have you ever been treated badly at a store? Well a few days ago my two adult daughters, my granddaughter and myself went into a Walgreen's to pick up a few things. Well I got a thermal mug that said it was on sale and when it rang up it did not ring up the sale price. Well, after much discussion with the cashier I finally proved that the mug was indeed on sale for the price I said it was. Then my daughter got her turn to purchase her items. Well they had signs in front of a brand of makeup saying that is you bought one you got one free. So thinking that she could stock up on some makeup, spent considerable time to pick out the things she wanted. When the cashier again rang up her purchases they said that most of the items she purchased were not to be on sale. We told them that there were signs in front of all of this brand of makeup. The cashier finally agreed to call the manager to the register. When he appeared he had a major attitude to begin with. We explained the situation to him and he went to check the signs on in front of the makeup. He then told us that it was in very small print on the bottom of the sign that it was only for lip and nail products not for anything else. He proceeded to tell us that it didn't make any difference where the actually put the signs it only mattered what the signs said. We complained that that was deceptive advertising and he really got a nasty attitude then and told us including my 9 year old granddaughter in front of a long line of customers to get out of his store and never to come back. He further stated that if we ever returned to his store he would call the police on us and have us charged with trespassing. Needless to say I have never been so embarrassed in my entire life as I was that night. So upon returning home my daughter called their corporate office and explained the situation to them and they said they would check it out and call her back. Well, that was almost two weeks ago and we have not heard anything from them. So I would just like to say that I will never shop at any Walgreen's again. There are other drugstores that want customer's business and do not treat customers the way we were treated.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7