Friday, August 10, 2007

New Math, Old Math.... I dislike it all

You Are Not a Dumb American

You got 8/10 correct.
You know a good deal about American history, but there's some basic facts you have wrong.
Time to go back to history class!
Are You a Dumb American?

Well, I surprised myself on that one. It's been some time since I was in school and the brain just doesn't remember like it used to. I prove that point every day when I try to help my grandchildren with their homework. Seems that they've come up with completely different methods of teaching things such as math. Whatever happened to carrying and borrowing when adding and subtracting. Apparently they don't do that anymore. Guess this is what they mean by the "New Math" that I'd always heard of. I hate it!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7