Thursday, June 9, 2011

Who am I

I know this sounds like a strange title for a post on my own blog. But over the past year I have actually discovered I don't know who I am. Oh I know my name and everything I need to know like that. It isn't like I have lost my memory or anything like that. It is I just don't know myself I guess you could say.

You see I am getting ready to turn 63 years old next week and I have come to the conclusion that I don't really know myself. Oh I know the person I have become through 43 years of marriage. I think I have become just a female version of my husband. I guess he has always been such an opinionated person that it was always just easier to agree with him than to disagree with him. Don't get me wrong his thinking was not terribly wrong just not always my opinions. But over the years I have actually come to believe they were my opinions too.

Well after living with our free thinking daughters for the last year. I say screw his opinions. It is time I start thinking for myself. I told my daughter that I had realized I no longer had a dream in my life and she said well get one. That too has not been an easy thing to do. Because there again. I realized every dream I had in the last 43 years had been my husbands dreams. SO now I have discovered my new dream. It is my dream that I plan to achieve no matter how long it takes me to achieve it. I plan to discover out just who I am and what I think about everything there is to think about.

To my daughters (who probably will never see this) I say a big thank you for waking me up and to my husband who will never see this. I say get out of my way cause I am gonna find out just who I am.

Not really sure of anybody reads this blog of mine anymore and I really don't care to be honest guess I just had to write this for myself. I am back whoever I am.



No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7