Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ice on the trees

We got up this morning in Central Florida to freezing temperatures. Also we got up to discover that our sprinklers had come on during the early morning hours and we found that we had a yard and trees full of ice. I do have to say it was sort of pretty. Especially since we knew that it did not mean driving on any ice and that as soon as the sun came out the ice would melt away. We have had a lot of freezes here in Central Florida so far this winter. I don't think this winter has been quite as bad as they had here last winter. Although I was living in Pennsylvania last year and I must say we had a very hard winter there. We would up I think with 7 or 8 feet of snow for a total during the winter. I went out after one big snow and all I could see of our car was part of a side view mirror. The rest of the car was buried under a mound of snow. I would up last winter paying out a ton of money to some young boys to come by when it snowed to shovel snow for me. Just wasn't something I wanted to do every time.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7