Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Strike Three

I remember as a kid my Dad used to take us to St. Louis several times during baseball season to watch the St. Louis Cardinals pay ball. There was no huge Busch Stadium there at that time but you would have never known it the way our family acted. It is one of the best memories I have of my childhood. It was one of the few things my family did together as a family. The one place I would have loved to have seen a game played was Wrigley Field we never made it there but I know we would have had a great time if we had. I do believe that before my sisters and I were born that you can bet my Dad made it to several of the ball parks. For some reason my Dad just had a love for baseball. I do know that he would love the new arenas such as the brand new Amway Arena. I have not been there myself but have friends who went to the opening and were able to tour it and they say it is just awesome to say the least. Daddy did say something once about seeing a great game at Yankee Stadium. My girls did go see Camden Yard once well ok just from the outside but they do have pictures to prove there were there.

I think of all of the baseball stories I remember from my Dad was before my sisters and I were on the scene and he and Mother went to a ball game and there was a foul ball which came in their direction. But before my parents could even react to it the ball hit the lady in the head in front of my Mother and actually knocked her out. The the ball bounced back and landed right in my Mothers lap. The poor lady was there in her seat out like a light and her husband was standing over her and was fighting with my Mom for the stupid baseball. Well my Mother won that fight because I saw that baseball all of my childhood and heard the story a thousand times at least. So all I have to say about that is Take Me Out to the Ballgame Take me out to the Field.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7