Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stormy Weather

We have some very good missionary friends of ours who when they are not living in Haiti have a home in Texas. They were very happy this last Hurricane season that they did not have any storms go through Texas. To say they have had their share of big storms there would be putting it mildly to say the least. In past years they have had so much home flood damage they could have just about turned their home into an above ground swimming pool. Donna called me after one of their many storms to ask me if I knew how to fix water damaged wood? I was sorry to say I did not have any knowledge of what to do. I am very thankful that I have never had to deal with these issues. We live in Florida and have had our share of Hurricanes but thank God have never had any major damage such as what they have been through with their home. Fortunately for Eldon and Donna they had good insurance coverage on their home and were able to file an insurance claim for water damage and have always been able to get their home back in as good as new condition. But I would have to think that it would take a toll on you emotionally and physically going through the process time and time again.

All I can do for them is during the hurricane season is pray that the storms just stay out to sea or even better yet that they don't ever form. I have always had a problem with prying that the storms go another direction because I would never wish a hurricane on my worst enemy. Having gone through three hurricanes ourselves in one season. We had no damage to our home but the emotional strain was rough to say the least.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7