Sunday, September 5, 2010

Four

I can remember as a kid that my mother for some reason decided to have me take golf lessons. I think it was because the lessons were free at the local golf range and it got me out of the house for a period of time and out of her hair. I am not really sure if they had such a thing back then as 48 hour tee times but if they did you could have been sure that I would have tried to take advantage of them. But alas I did not learn how to play golf. It was just not my cup of tea. But I did wind up babysitting for a lady who was in amateur golf tournaments. I guess she was pretty good because I know that for a couple of years it kept me pretty busy watching her boys while she was playing golf. I can remember hearing her on the phone getting her tee times all arranged so that she knew exactly what was going on before she ever left her house. I have to say it was a pretty good summer job for me. The only problem I has was when it would rain and she would wind up coming home early and would pay me for the time I had been there and I would lose money because of the rain. I have to say there have been times that I wish I had stuck to those golf lessons because people I know who play golf actually tell me how much they enjoy a good round of golf.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7