Sunday, November 22, 2009

Moving along with life

Today is going to be the beginning of my telling about things in my life.

Last night was an interesting evening to say the least. We were in the process of getting ready to go somewhere for the evening. When I kept hearing a smoke detector going off somewhere in the building we live in. I went out of our apartment to try to find out what was going on. There was a very faint smell of smoke outside our apartment door. I went up the stairs to the second floor apartment and the smoke was very heavy up there. I knocked (well banged) on the door several times and could not get anyone to answer. The smoke was getting worse so I ran back down stairs and we called the landlord. (I know should have called 911) but then the lady from upstairs came down the stairs saying she had put a skillet of grease on the stove to heat up and then went in to clean her bathroom. She forgot all about the grease heating up and it caught on fire. Guess she ruined her stove, mini blind at the window. I am just thankful that we didn't even get any smoke at all in our apartment. This is the first time in our 42 years of marriage that we have been this close to having a fire where we live. To say I was scared and upset would be a major understatement to say the least. But we are no worse for the wear and hopefully nothing like this will ever happen again.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7