Friday, September 18, 2009

Learning new things

When I was in grade school my mother decided that she wanted me to learn to play the piano. However we did not own a piano, but, that did not stop my mother. She found me this piano teacher who I know was like 200 years old. So what I did was take my piano lesson every week and then I was sent everyday to our church up the street where I was supposed to practice all by myself for my mandatory hour. Yeah like a kid is going to sit there and practice all by themselves for an hour. I could have really used some help learning all of the piano cords .

I am telling you my piano teacher was the meanest lady I have ever known. I know you are supposed to keep your wrist up but with her if you didn't she would use her directors baton to hit the back of your hands. Now trust me that really hurts. I also remember one day when I fell on the way to my lesson and broke my elbow. Although, I didn't know I broke it but after sitting and waiting for my turn I could not straighten out my arm. I told her and she said if I could wiggle my fingers my arm was not broken. She actually made me take my piano lesson. I had to play the right hand part with my right hand then play the left hand part with my right hand. Have you ever tried to play your piano cords with just one hand and make it sound good? That was the last piano lesson my mother made me take. I was so happy but I have to say I wish I had learned to play the piano.

Sadly all I learned to play was a couple of songs which have stuck in my brain like a bad dream. I learned to play the fire engine song and Ming Ling Laundry Man. I don't even remember any of the piano cords that my teacher did manage to teach me. I know I am as much to blame as she is.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7