Sunday, February 22, 2009

Breakfast Nightmare

Randy and I went out to breakfast yesterday morning before we had to go work the part time job. We couldn't go to the job we wanted to go. For some reason it was closed, they always had good food and the portions and service and prices were great. OK, so they didn't have many customers. But I digress. We found another restaurant that had a lot of cars outside and we went in and got a seat pretty quickly. But had I know what was was coming I would have gladly waited for another table. We sat down and the waitress was right at my elbow asking what we wanted to drink. Good sign. We ordered our drinks and then placed our order for food. Randy got an omelet and I got creamed beef on toast and hash brown potatoes. I am not a big fan of hash brown potatoes. I don't know why just are not my favorite way to fix potatoes. Well, our food comes out with pretty good speed and I had taken a couple of bites. I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. (ok in the end that is not all I caught) I knew immediately what happened to me. The father at the table is rushing a young boy out of the room and the boy has his hands up over his mouth. Well he is right behind me and I feel it hit my back. I tell my husband and he says look and see and I told him I really don't want to look. I am sitting there trying to figure out what to do and then from my left I see movement again. This time it is the little boys mother and she lays 3 napkins on the table beside me and says it is all over your back. She kept telling me she was so humiliated and how sorry she was. I told her not to worry about it I was a mother and grandmother and it was ok. Fortunately I had on a turtle neck top and also an oxford blouse over it. I unbottoned the sleeves to the blouse and slipped it off and rolled it into a ball and placed it on the floor and asked the waitress for a plastic bag and put it in there and. I actually managed to finish my breakfast and never missed a beat. I actually think most of the people in the room never knew what had taken place. I really am proud that I managed to keep my cool through the entire incident because had I not it would have really been much harder on the mother and would not have changed anything that had already happened. o Oh, sorry I tried to find a picture of a boy doing a projectile barf but all I could find was that stupid dog. So I went with it.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7