Monday, December 1, 2008

Looking to the sky


Today I saw two very different scenes in the sky. We had a very brief storm while I was at work. It got extremely dark and the wind started to blow and then it poured down rain for a bit. Then after the storm was finished the sun came out for the first time during the day. I walked back into my office and happened to look up and out the window and saw this beautiful rainbow in the sky. So I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pictures before it disappeared from view. Then on the way home from work We saw the moon in a very small sliver along with two planets, Jupiter and Venus. I snapped several pictures and although they didn't turn out as good as the rainbow it was an unusual thing to see so I think I will still post the picture that I took. Venus is a little bit harder to see but it is above and to the right of Jupiter so if you look closely you can see them both

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7