Saturday, August 2, 2008

Just taking up space


I have done a lot of thinking today. I actually started thinking about this subject before I ever got out of bed this morning. Randy and I are usually very involved people. We are usually involved in our church, our ministry, our family just plain busy. But after thinking this morning I have decided that at this point in life we are just taking up space. We are going to a new church and have not been asked to do anything there and do not want to push our way into anything there. We are no longer living near our family. Joy and the kids live in Florida and Jill lives in Holland and we are in Pennsylvania so that pretty much eliminates being closely involved in family. Right now we are not involved in doing anything for Haiti. So.... That just pretty much leaves us taking up space. I mean right now I feel like some useless appliance that is sitting on someone's kitchen counter just taking up valuable space. I am really feeling unwanted, unnecessary and unused. I don't really know what to do to change this feeling I have but I do want it to change. I feel like something sitting over in the corner with a cobweb fully attached to me.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7