Thursday, July 31, 2008

I am a purest


OK anybody who knows me know that when it comes to food I am a total purest. I mean I am a meat and potatoes kind of girl. I don't do veggies of any sort so when I heard about the Great American Food Cook off I mentioned it to my husband and I could see that twinkle in his eye. This is a man who loves to cook and experiment with recipes. So I challenged him to come up with a good seafood recipe that he thought was a winner. I know when we lived in Florida they had major problems with the availability of Grouper so there were times when you could not obtain fresh Grouper at the market so I am a big fan of the positiveness of domestic seafood sustainability. I am here to tell you there is nothing better than a good fried Grouper sandwich. But I digress.... So as I type here, the husband is busy with his pen and paper comping up with his winning recipe. If anyone out there has a good recipe for seafood leave it for me in a comment and I guarantee you my husband will check it out and probably make it for himself. Here is the recipe from the Husband.

Cold Sweet Salmon Salad
2 pounds of Fresh salmon
4 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 pound of elbow macaroni
1 pound frozen Peas
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/8 cup Honey
1 medium Sweet Onion diced
Salt
Pepper

Broil Salmon and let cool. Flake Large pieces of salmo into a mixing bowl. Add the cooked elbow macaroni when it is cooled. Add sliced hard boiled eggs, 0nions and the frozen peas (after thawing do not cook peas).

Mix together the mayo, vinegar, and honey together (sweeten to taste by adding more honey if needed) salt and pepper to taste.

Take the Mayo dressing and mix with the salmon salad. Serve ice cold with crackers on the side.

Farm raised Salmon is ok to use but Fresh wild Salmon is much better!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7