Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bales of Hay

We went out yesterday into the country and everywhere you go they are bailing hay and straw. I just love to see it all staked up and the different ways that they actually bale it. Some of the bails are round like these and some of them are sort of rectangular in shape. As a kid my grandfather used to have a farm and his hay bales were always in the rectangular shape. But I guess different strokes for different folks. It is just something that brings back memories and sometimes those memories are good ones. Getting up the hay as a child was something I never had to do thank heavens. My middle sister took care of that for me when she fell from the top of the hay wagon in the field and broke her collar bone, shoulder and her arm in 3 places. After that my Dad told my grandfather that we were girls and that he needed to hire men to do that job. So for that I tell my sister a heartfelt Thanks!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7