Sunday, May 18, 2008

Toodles

Well, the day has finally arrived. I have been awake since like 4:30 AM and finally got on my laptop about 5:30 AM because I just could not lay there any longer.

Today is the day that we leave Florida for Pennsylvania. I am very much looking forward to the actual move and I know this is a good thing for all of our family for each of us to go our way and live our lives. But, and I say a big BUT. Leaving always means you have to say goodbye. I hate goodbyes. Randy said I shouldn't say goodbye this morning just say "toodles" not sure the kids would understand that though.

To our girls I want to say a very big Thank You for putting up with us for this long. They both have been great. I know it can't be easy to have your parents living with you for several months. But we have managed to do it without any blood shed. Not to say we didn't think about it several times but always managed to draw the claws back in at the last moment.

I need to thank my girls for a couple of things they have done for me in particular.
  1. They turned me on to all of the comfy girlie PJ's out there. I now have a ton of them.
  2. They turned me on to DVD's when we moved in with them I had -0- now I have 155
  3. There are many more things but I want this to be a post and not a manifest
I am still hoping to make this a tearless goodbye this morning but I don't know if I can pull that off. Randy and I both had our moments last night when we shed some tears regarding the grandkids. But as much as I will miss the grandkids I will miss my two wonderful daughters just as much.

Too late I am sitting here with everyone else still asleep crying my eyes out.

But to my girls and grandchildren I say a great big I LOVE YOU!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7