Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New York City

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about things I did when I was younger. I guess that is because Friday is my birthday and I turn the dreaded "60". I am really dreading this one for some reason. I know turning 60 beats the alternative of being 6 feet under ground. But to me 60 is old and I don't want to be old. But who has to be old? Not me! But in my thinking I remember the summer after I graduated from high school. I went to Chicago to attend Floral Design school for three weeks. This was the first time I had ever been away from home and I was scared out of my whits. You have to understand this was during the race riots of the 60's and there was a lot going on in Chicago at that time. Needless to say it was a very interesting time. I stayed at the YMCA because they had floors back then that were supposed to be for females and families only and no single men were allowed off the elevator. But they didn't stop to think about the fire escapes the guys were all over the place and it was not fun to say the least.

But with Randy and I moving to PA I know that we will be very close to a city that I have always wanted to visit and that city is New York. My girls have been there and if they can do it well shucks I can do it too. I thought we just might save up some money after our move and take the train to New York City and maybe just catch a Broadway show or something very exciting. I think I when the time comes I will check out Trusted Tours & Attractions they have a great newsletter where I will be able to get all of the information I need to plan our trip. I would love to also take some sightseeing tours while we are there. But on our way to PA I know we will have to go through Atlanta so I just might check out some Things to do in Atlanta.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7