Friday, April 18, 2008

Beautiful gardens

We have some good friends that live in Texas and they have been begging us to come there to visit them. They are telling us that there are so many things that they would just love to show us about the great state of Texas. I have always heard that everything in Texas is bigger than anyplace else in the world. I know that their pride of their state of Texas is bigger than the pride I have heard from anyone else around the country about their particular state. One of the places that they keep telling us that they would love to take us to is Shangri La Gardens and Nature Center. They keep telling us that the "green" nature of the gardens is the best there is. There goes that Texas pride again. But, all kidding aside they have been awarded the U.S. Green Building Council's Platinum certification and Shangri La is a very eco friendly Botanical Garden.

You absolutely have to visit their web site it is absolutely wonderful. I am a big sucker for pictures when there is someplace I want to visit. They have some of the most beautiful pictures on their site I have seen. Although, I have to be honest, I could do without seeing the pictures of the spiders and the reptiles. I am not a reptile or spider person. I have screamed more than once for my husband to come kill "the giant" spider and when he comes he laughs at me cause it is little. We won't be taking any kids with us (Thanks heavens) but if you do they have programs just for them so that they can look and learn while they are there.

The Shangri LaBotanical Gardens are located in the city of Orange, Texas so you need to visit and see what else there is there to check out. I am a firm believer that every city has something to offer us. Sometimes it might be hard to find but I can guarantee you that in Orange, Texas you won't have trouble finding what they have to offer.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7