Friday, March 14, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom or Cash of Wisdom


I remember once when my parents went to Hawaii on vacation I kidded my mother saying it must be nice to be able to afford that kind of vacation and her being the martyr she always was replied with. You don't understand your Father and I had to do without meat for two weeks to be able to afford this trip. Yeah right and if back then (years ago) if I had given up meat for two weeks I might have been able to have enough money saved to put gas in the car to get to the grocery store to buy some meat. But all that aside when they came home they brought me this tin can thing with an oyster in it. I had to pry the sucker open and there was a small pearl inside the oyster. I still have it somewhere and never did anything with it. So I kind of figured out what's the use of finding a pearl inside the oyster. So I got to thinking what would I like to find in the Gulf oysters we have here in Florida. I have given this much thought would I want diamonds, emeralds, some other kind of food? NO, I say I have come up with the best thing I would like to find in my oysters. I would love to find $100.00 bills in each
and every oyster. Then I could just buy whatever I wanted. I have gotten into buying movies on DVD's lately as of this counting I now have a total of 97 movies. It would be pretty hard to get a DVD into an oyster shell so with hard cold cash I could just buy whatever I wanted. I could buy those DVD's or Diamonds, emeralds or the food I wanted. So yeah I really think that hard cold cash would be the best way to go. But maybe someone could figure out how to get the $100.00 bills into a plastic bag or something so that it would not be wet and slimy from the oysters and being down in the gulf. I mean come on who wants to spend slimy money? Certainly not me. I want my money clean and dry.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7