Sunday, March 30, 2008

I am addicted


OK, I admit it I am now addicted. I followed the link from The Dutch Bitch blog for the spring flowers in Holland and the surrounding area. I decided to save a few pictures to my computer. Well....... I finally stopped and discovered I had downloaded 144 pictures. But, everyone is absolutely beautiful. So I decided to put a couple of them here in this post so you could enjoy them just as much as I did. You see living here in good old central Florida, we never get spring flowers unless we buy a pot of them from the store and then they just aren't the same, trust me. For some reason the spring type flowers just do not grow in Florida. I guess it is because we don't have winter here. We have Summer, Summer, Summer, and well Summer. One or two of the summers might get a little cooler but it is not a guarantee. So to enjoy spring I am going to keep changing the wallpaper on my laptop from one picture to another and that will be as close as I can get to springtime. There is one problem though. When I try to smell the picture of the Hyacinth all I seem to do is make a nose print on the screen. I do sneak and when I find a pot of them in the grocery store in the spring I always pick them up and take a good long sniff which is about the best I can do. I also remember when I was a kid and we used to have this one small patch of Iris's right beside the garage. For some reason my Mother never called them by the name of an Iris. She always called them Flags. I don't know where that came from but the have always been one of my favorite flowers as well. So I have only put 2 of the 144 pictures that I downloaded. I did not want to overload the post with pictures but if you enjoy them check out The Dutch Bitch's blog and you will be able to find a link there to download your own pictures. Hope you have as much enjoyment as I did if you decide to do this. Have a Happy Spring!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are absolutely beautiful. We don't get enough rainfall around here to see anything even close to this! :)

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7