Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Big day coming up


We were out shopping yesterday afternoon and had the "Diva" with us. That would be my 9 year old granddaughter who thinks she is one of the ladies. Except she doesn't want to act lady like. She is the picture of a tomboy. You cannot get a dress on her for anything, just give her a pair of basketball shorts and baggy T-shirt and she is a happy camper. Well, she started yesterday informing us that her birthday was coming and we might as well just start shopping and she would be more than happy to help us pick out the things we wanted to get her. I mean the things she wants us to get her. We all three managed to convince her that we still had a while to shop for her birthday since it isn't until September. But, I got to thinking when we got home that this birthday will be a big one for her since she will be turning 10. This is the first of her double digit birthdays so maybe we should make it a really big deal for her. So I think I am going to start working on things to make this a birthday that she will always remember. So one of the things I am going to start looking for will be perfect Birthday Cards from all of us. I think this is a time to get some personalized cards for her. I am a firm believer of the perfect card for any occasion. When I go to the card store to pick out a card it takes me forever because any card I pick has to say just what I want it to say for the person I am purchasing it for.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7