Thursday, January 24, 2008

Work Work Work

I have been trying to find a new source of income to support Randy and I in the lifestyle we haven't yet grown accustomed to, and in doing so have been thinking about some of the past jobs I have had. I remember when the girls were little I took a job working in the office at a grain elevator. Well to make a long story short it went from a 4 girl office to a 1 girl office and you guessed it I was the 1 girl. But, I was still doing the work of the original 4 girls. I was at the point that I was going to work at about 6:00 AM and not leaving there until about 12:00 AM or later. I actually went 2 weeks without seeing the girls awake. They were in the hands of their Dad and also a lot of help from his Mom.

I finally insisted at work that they either hire someone or else the Manager was going to be doing the work of the said 4 girls. Well they finally hired some young kid and I have never seen anyone so incompetent in all of my life. Back at that time we didn't have computers (I know you are saying WHAT were you born back in the dark ages? Yes I was) But we used to have to actually use the old fashioned way of cutting checks we actually had to type them out on a typewriter. I remember giving this kid some checks to type and instructed him that there could be no mistakes at all and no typos on them. I gave him several check that needed to be typed and after what seemed like weeks later I checked back with him and have never seen so many typos in all of my life. I told the manager I was going to go to lunch and when I got back that kid had better be gone or I would be gone. Now years later I look back and realize that all that kid needed was for an employer to have TrainingTime Workplace Training Resources available to him. He was young and needed training. But as busy as that job was I know even now that I did not have the time to train him myself. Now employers have many more options available to them than were ever available back in the "Dark Ages" and I really believe that companies should take care not only to train new employees but to give their long time employees additional training.



720 International Parkway, Sunrise, Florida 33325 888-883-0988


For More Information, Contact:
Helene Kopel
954-514-2289

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
January 7, 2008


New Web Shopping Portal Streamlines the Search for Training Solutions

SUNRISE, Fla. – From leadership development to forklift safety, keeping employees skilled, motivated and productive may be the most difficult assignment for companies of all sizes.

For success in the 21st century business world, employee training is critical.

TrainingTime.com, a newly launched website from Sunrise-based Everglades Direct Inc. (EDI), was expertly designed to make that task much easier, whether your company is a local mini-mart or a global corporation.

“Focus groups and market research indicate that many businesses feel that employee training and development is too time-consuming and costly, despite the wide range of solutions available, and despite the great return on investment” said Jodi Katz, market research manager for EDI.

“Without employee training,” says Juniper Germain, an organizational development professional with EDI, “your company can easily slip behind the competition, because no amount of slick merchandising can compensate for badly trained employees who miss sales opportunities, bungle orders or alienate customers.”

Unfortunately, many business leaders consider employee training to be a luxury only large corporations can afford. That, says Germain, is only a myth. To prove it yourself, she says, visit TrainingTime.com and take a quick tour of the site.


A Full-Service Training Solution for Employers

Whereas before, a business owner or supervisor would have to search a variety of different sources to find the right training tool, TrainingTime.com offers a one-stop source for everything you need. Multiple providers offer their products and services on both the site, so all you have to do is click their links to get what you need, directly from them.

The site covers the full range of timely topics in today’s training world, new technologies, ideas and information, tips and tools.


Portal Showcases Expert Training Providers

Vendors, consultants and other unaffiliated companies can obtain featured space on TrainingTime.com to promote their products and services.

Specifically, solutions and service providers can be found in such areas as:

• Accounting and finance
• Computer and information technology skills
• Labor law compliance
• Health, safety and security in the workplace
• Human resources management
• Industry-specific expertise
• Management and leadership development
• Professional and career advancement
• Sales and marketing
• Meeting and Event Planning


Ongoing site enhancements based on user feedback are anticipated throughout 2008, as well as an offline TrainingTime catalog. The goal is to ensure TrainingTime.com provides a valuable experience for all those tasked with business training and development, regardless of their current expertise.

# # #

Everglades Direct Inc., which has specialized in human resources solutions for more than 20 years, developed TrainingTime to provide a one-stop resource for workplace training and development products, services and information across a variety of formats, topics and industries. For more information, call 888-883-0988 or visit www.trainingtime.com.


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7