Friday, November 16, 2007

Wit's End

I am here to tell you that today I just about lost my cool totally with one of my grandsons. I will call him "Z" he has a terrible problem with his temper. His Poppy asked him to do something when he got home from school and he started talking back. I went downstairs and retrieved him to try to salvage his evening (he was about to be sent to bed at 4:30 PM) So after getting him upstairs I asked him to sit on the edge of the bed and think about his attitude. With that simple request he threw himself on the bed and he makes this God awful noise. We call it the cow sound. I was about to throw him from the upstairs window so I told him to go to the hall and to please stop making the noise. Well about 20 minutes later he finally stopped and when we asked him what the problem was he says. I don't know. We are really at the end of our rope with him and do not know what to do. When you get onto him for something he will jump up and down and say no, no, no. We have spanked him, put him in the corner, yelled at him. talked calmly to him. Nothing seems to work. If the neighbors were to hear him they would think we were beating him and actually no one is touching him at all. All I know is I am way too old for this. Find me a room with padded walls I think that will help and I don't mean for him I mean for me.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7