Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Dating Game

Dating has certainly changed a lot since I last went on a date. We won't discuss how long ago that was but suffice to say my husband and I have been married 40 years. Wait...I just told you. Oh never mind. Now a days, people basically use the internet as a catalyst in finding Mr. or Miss Wonderful. There is a dating site for every particular interest group out there. There are dating sites for senior citizens. There are dating sites for interracial couples, Jewish individuals, Christian dating and there is even a dating site for Goth singles. I don't know anything about Goth people but I guess they deserve their own dating venue as well. Back when I was playing the dating game, we always dated who we met in school. We went to football games and out to eat afterwards or to the movies. We all basically got married shortly after graduation. That's just how it was done. Now couples seem to date for what seems like forever before ever making a commitment towards marriage. Sometimes I think that's a good idea. Too many people jump into marriage far sooner than what they should. I guess I'm old fashioned in a lot of ways but I can also see how the times have changed and I've also changed my view on a lot of things. I'm just glad I don't have to play the dating game anymore. I'll leave that up to the younger crowd.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7