Sunday, October 28, 2007

Today is the day

Well, to my husband I say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. When I posted last night my husband was fast asleep so I had not officially wished him the traditional "Happy Anniversary". Today we are not actually going to do anything. This is the first year in 40 years of marriage that we have not had any money (and I do mean no money) to purchase each other a present for our special day. This has kind of been a bummer for me. We have returned from the Nation of Haiti as missionaries and we literally put everything we had into that move. Many factors came up that it was not a safe thing for us to remain in the country. So for us to come back to the States with absolutely nothing to our name was a very hard thing to do. We have no vehicle, no furniture, nothing really that we had spent 40 years of marriage accumulating. But, we do have each other and that is really all that matters in the end. I am really trying hard to not get down in the dumps. But, sometimes having a pity party is just where you end up. But we are going to have a good dinner. We are having a big pork roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans, macaroni and cheese and sweet tea this evening. I will do the meat, potatoes and mac and cheese. I do not do veggies, I have never and will never in my life I am sure eat veggies. My dad tried my entire childhood to make me eat them and I would not. I am healthy as a horse on meat, potatoes and other starch type foods and at my age why should I change anything. The old saying goes for me if it ain't broke then don't fix it. I don't think I am broke but those that live with me might have a different opinion.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Happy Anniversary! 40 years is a really huge accomplishment these days. You two have some true love and dedication! I hope yall are having a great day!

Bobbie said...

This was a comment that my friend Tracey made but somehow it must have gotten lost in space because it never came through so she sent it to me today via IM so I am going to post it for her.

Love comes in so many different shapes and forms. Your lasting one is something to look up to at least For me, Material things come and go but ever lasting love is priceless. You are richer than anyone I know. You have something people only dream of and 40 years of it WOW. Life is not easy. The journey can be long, but to share it in good and bad times with each other...Travel further.
Keep your eyes open. You never know what is just over the hill. Just to remind you of my favorite Bible verse...Matt 6:33 (King James Bible) But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you... Watch out here comes that hill...what's on the other side??? (you are totally amazing people I do not think you realize how many people look up to you as their " want to be like that" people") kisses

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7