Friday, October 5, 2007

TGIF

Well today is finally Friday, in our home Friday has a good feeling about it. What it means to us is that for the 3 third graders coming home from school shortly there will be no homework for the next three days. That is right, we have 3 third graders in the house and on Monday - Thursday we have homework times three. You would think that with three of them in the same grade that they would all have the same homework. Right?? WRONG!! They all have different homework and in different amounts. It really makes you wonder what we actually pay school teachers for. Don't get me wrong I know children need to learn but after being in school for 7 hours a day why do 8 and 9 year olds have to come home with 2 more hours of homework? Actually I thought when I graduated from school I was through with homework and now I find myself all the way back in the third grade. Speaking of third grade what in the heck have they done to Math? I have never in my entire life seen some of the stuff they expect a child to do just in order to learn to add and subtract. What ever happened to the good old policy of borrowing and carrying when you want to add and subtract? No! They have to do crazy things with groups and stuff you have never heard of and never want to hear of. Well guess I have ranted long engough about homework. But my original issue was TGIF no homework tonight.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7