Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Old Sayings From my Mother

My Mother had many sayings when I was a kid and I would like to list some of them and what the meaning of these sayings were.

She Said: Between you and me and the fencepost...
It Means: Don't tell anyone, but...

She said: Creeks rising and I'm up to my *** in alligators!
It Means: As if I don't have enough troubles!

She Said: Do I have to knock some sense into you?
It Means: What will it take to make you understand?

She Said: Does a bear s**t in the woods?
It Means: Answering "yes" to a question?

She Said: Don't get your bloomers in an uproar
It Means: Calm down

She Said: For the love of Mike.
It Means: For goodness sake.

She Said: Get the lead out!
It Means: Get moving!

She Said: Go jump in the lake.
It Means: Get lost.

She Said: God willing and the creek don't rise
It Means: If all goes well...

She Said: I don't have a dog in that fight.
It Means: That's none of my concern.

OK, I think this is enough for today. But stay tuned and I just might let you know what Shoot fire and Save Matches means.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7