Friday, October 19, 2007

More Sayings from my Mother #3

Well here are the final sayings that I used to hear my Mother and family say all of my life. If you look toward the bottom you will see the Shoot Fire and Save Matches. Well you will actually see S**t Fire and Save Matches.

She Said: Land O"Goshen
It Means: Oh My Gosh

She Said: Let me have a crack at it
It Means: Let me try to do it

She Said: Mark my words
It Means: Believe me, one day you'll be sorry

She Said: Much Obliged
It Means: Thank you

She Said: Oh for Pete's Sake
It Means: I don't believe this Mess

She Said: Put A Sock in It
It Means: Be quiet

She Said: Quit yer Lollygaggin
It Means: Stop waisting time

She Said: S**t fire and save matches
It Means: WOW

She Said: That boat don't float
It Means: It's a Lie

She Said: That dog won't hunt
It Means: What a load of bull

She Said: Well I Swan
It Means: You don't say

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7