Friday, September 7, 2007

Long Time No Write

Well, it has been a little bit since I posted and for that I am sorry. "Sorry" just what does sorry mean? One of my grandsons got in trouble today for reasons that I will not bore anyone with. But, the first thing out of his mouth is "sorry". Well again with not going into his offense I will say so far he has lost his game boy privileges for the rest of the month and he has to write a page on what it really means to be sorry. He is 8 years old and he has to find out what meaning sorry actually means and write about it and hopefully at the end of his writing he will maybe know the true meaning of "sorry". I know from my life that the words "I'm sorry" can sometimes be the two most hollow words of the English language. I still as an adult have a major problem with someone telling me they are sorry. My thought are don't tell me you are sorry, show me you are sorry. Then maybe I can believe you and actually think you are sorry for whatever it is you are apologizing for. But to just say I am sorry really doesn't carry much weight for me. I have to actually see that someone is sorry and for me that is not doing again what ever it is you are handing out the "sorry" for. Well, what do you think about this issue?

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7