Thursday, August 27, 2009

Green is the color

I have recently started going green. I have discovered that this is not something that you just wake up one morning and say "today everything in my life is green". This is a process, I started out by trying to completely do away with the plastic grocery bags and I have a stainless steel water bottle I use every day instead of bottled water.

So no I am thinking ok where do I go from here? I think the next step is to start finding ways to save water. I have just discovered that there is such a thing as dual flush toilets until today I never new such an item existed. I do not want to have to completely replace 3 toilets in the house with totally new toilets and then what do you do with your old toilets? Send them to the landfill.... Now you don't have to you can simply purchase A dual flush conversion kit and retrofit your existing toilet. In a years time you can save enough water to fill an entire swimming pool. So just think of the money you will save plus helping the environment.

They have this cool program in place to help you raise money for your local school program , scout program or an after school program. It is really pretty simple you just sign up with them and start to tell people about their fantastic product and then you use the code that you are given and as people purchase they receive 5% off their purchase and your cause receives 5% as well. So the way I look at this it is a win - win situation for everybody including the earth. Living in Florida I know that the public school do not get enough money so what better way to earn money for your school and go green at the same time when you save water.


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7