Monday, July 13, 2009

Downsizing

Randy and I have decided that it is time to downsize some of our possessions. We have had things that have been boxed up for several years now and it is time to do one of many things with our possessions.

  • We can choose to keep something because it has sentimental value to us, or we need it or well we just want it.
  • We can choose to give something away to either family or strangers because they either want it or you can convince them they want it.
  • We could choose to sell something..... But, that would mean we would have to have something of value. So, ok that option is out for us.
  • We could give something away as a charitable donation. We do have some things we are going to do this with.
  • We could choose to just throw it away in the trash. Which we have some things that we are going to do that with.

This is not an easy thing for me to do as I am a self confessed pack rat. I am one of those people who hate to get rid of anything. I always have the fear I will get rid of something today and then tomorrow decide that I absolutely need what I just gave away. But I am going to do this and hopefully I will never miss what I have decided to give away or throw away. So keep all of your fingers crossed that I don't go running through the house in the middle of the night taking back things I gave away today.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7