Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Saying goodnight

I said something yesterday evening to all of my grandchildren that they had not been coming downstairs at bedtime to tell us goodnight and that I missed them doing that. So last night Zach came down before bedtime and told me he was going to tell me good night early. So I hugged and kissed him and told him to have sweet dreams. Well about 45 minutes later his twin brother Nate came in and kissed me and told me goodnight so we went through that routine with him. Then my granddaughter came in and I went through the routine with her as well. I noticed Zach standing by my bedroom door with a sour look on his face I asked him what was wrong. He said I already told you goodnight but Mom said I had to come down again. So I told him we could do it again and he did but as he hugged and kissed me his words were no as sweet as the first time. He said "this is such a waste of time. I already did this once" Oh I just felt the love flowing out of him.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7