Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice and Snow

Alright so things were not quite this bad today for us. But, it was a lousy day to say the least. It snowed here Monday night during the night and was not to bad going to work on Tuesday morning. However, it started snowing again last evening about 5:30 pm and snowed until about 3:00 AM this morning when you guessed it. The snow turned into freezing rain. So I got up at 6:30 am and got dressed with my coat and gloves and the brand new snow shovel I purchased at the store on the way home last night. I went out and the snow was covered in about a 1/2 inch of ice. I managed to get the porch and steps cleared and sprinkled stuff on them to keep them from freezing over as it was still raining freezing rain. I finally got the car completely uncovered and shoveled all around the car and managed to get the car door open and got the car started. But at my age by then I was completely exhausted. This took me about an hour do accomplish this process. So I cam in the house and put my coat in the dryer as it was soaked and got myself a Diet Pepsi and hit the couch. Finally I decided about 8:30 am that I was then ready to get ready for work. So Randy made his way carefully out to the car and got in and started it so that the heater could melt the ice that had already formed on the windows. I got dressed and gathered up all of my things to take to work and made my way to the car. Randy put it in drive and carefully began to move up the hill that we live at the dead end of and after several tries we made it maybe 6 feet and then could go no farther. So we gave up and came in and I called work to say I would not be there late because I would not be there at all. I have laid on the couch all day reading a book until I finished it and for some reason I am so tired that I could go to bed right now and it is not even 8:00 pm yet. But I will hold out for a later time because I am smart enough to know if I go to bed this early I will be awake at 4:00 am waiting for the alarm to go off at 6:30 am to start this entire process over again. I think it is still raining out and they expect it to get below freezing again tonight and you know what happens when water gets below freezing. You got it water freezes and makes ice on the porch, steps, driveway, car and finally the roads. So until tomorrow I will try not to think about it.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7