Friday, March 14, 2008

Stickman says...

I don't think it is ever too early to start thinking about your kids going to college. My grandsons are now 8 and my granddaughter is 9 and they are already talking about what they want to be when the grow up. I found this cool video for Kettering University. I tend to be visually stimulated so when I have something to look at versus read, I'm all for that. In addition, I have discovered that US News and World Report has actually ranked Kettering University as the #1 University in the nation for Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering in their annual America's Best Colleges Guide for 2008. As far as I'm concerned, US News and World Report is one of the best publications out there so I tend to heed their advice on certain subjects. Here is the video:




The good thing about Kettering is that it's a hands-on school. Your learning and education comes from actually doing what it is you're studying to do versus just reading everything out of a text book. Kettering is listed as one of Us News Best Colleges so the fact that it's a great school as well as a highly recommended school puts it at the top of our list. Kettering would be perfect for my one grandson. He's a very precise individual so he would be great with something such as mechanical engineering. He loves to take things apart and put things together and he usually insists on knowing exactly how something works as well as what is causing something to not work. We'll see how that goes with him. For all we know, he may end up becoming a brain surgeon. Although, I doubt it as he really hates to get anything "yucky" on his hands.



No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7