Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pearls of wisdom

Where do pearls of wisdom come from? Really smart oysters!

Oysters are something I have never ever ever tried to eat. I just can't get past the look of them. So as picky an eater I am you know I will never try them much less actually eat one of them. My great Aunt used to say that she loved the oyster stew that my Mother always made on Christmas Eve but she liked the oysters best when she could just let them slide down her throat. I always thought how did she know if she liked them if she didn't actually chew them up and eat them. But I never questioned her because she was my favorite person in the whole wide world.

My husband on the other hand loves oysters. I have always heard the thing that you should never eat oysters in the month's that have an "R" in them or is that the months without an "R" in them. So there is another reason why I don't eat them. But living in Florida Randy loves to get Gulf oysters whenever he can. In this day and age you really need to be oyster aware. You need to be informed, be cautious, be smart and be sure. Trust me I don't really think you want to get yourself sick from something like bad oysters.



No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7