Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Jesus is the Reason for the Season

Well, today is Christmas Eve and we have almost everything wrapped and ready to put under the tree when all of the children finally fall asleep. We have decided not to put anything under the tree before hand because of the 17 month old and the 3 year old. The baby would open things just because she is curious and just that a baby. But the 3 year old on the other hand would open everything because... well, he could. He has gotten presents already from his mother's family and has actually already broken several of his toys. We tried to get him things he would not break but he really seems to have the breaking thing down to a fine art.

I seem to be a bit down this Christmas. We haven't had much money just what I have been able to earn from my blog and that hasn't been much. But I have been able to buy everyone in the house Christmas presents. Not the things that I would love to have purchased them but at least no one had to give me money to make my purchases and for that I am thankful. Randy and I will not be exchanging gifts this year as there just wasn't enough money to go around but that is ok. We have each other and we are in good health.

Jill is downstairs working in the kitchen. This afternoon we have to make reindeer dust for the kids to sprinkle on the lawn this evening so that Santa can find the house and the reindeer have something to eat. We mix some glitter with oatmeal and they really love doing it. Then they leave out coke and cookies for santa and some celery and carrots for the reindeer to have a snack on. Then it will be off to bed for them so that everything can be placed under the tree for tomorrow morning.

I remind myself daily that it is not about gifts, food or Santa at Christmas but that Jesus is the Reason for the Season!


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7