Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Is Spiderman Special?

Guest written by our friend Gladys Fuentes

I grew up watching all the superhero movies. I watched Superman, Batman, and Spiderman. Wait - does Batman qualify as a superhero? I'm not even sure. I guess what I meant to say is that I grew up watching movies where men dressed up in tight outfits and still managed to look cool saving the day. How they pulled that off, I have no idea. I guess this is just one of the many miracles Hollywood is capable of. Growing up, my favorite hero was Superman. This is also why I had no interest in watching Spiderman. I felt that it was a form of betrayal. But sometimes boredom can lead to betrayal, which is what happened to me last week.

It began as an innocent Friday night. It was a long work week and I just wanted to relax and unwind. Then I turned on my DirectTV satellite packages and found the title 'Spiderman.' I debated for a few moments, sighed, and decided to give it a go. I was nervous because I didn't want to be a traitor. I guess I can't disrespect Benedict Arnold anymore. After watching Spiderman, I realized that Superman was great for its time, but Spiderman was special. I can't believe I just said Spiderman was special. I don't even know how they did it. The movie was so predictable yet still managed to keep me on the edge of my seat the entire time. What a ride. Well done, Spiderman. Well done.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d1e2da3cdf1deb9b2f02e4f0a03dedf7